Call for Authors is now CLOSED
Email completed form to madanthony@WriteLikeMad.com
Author Information and Application Form
Book Signing/Selling Opportunity for Authors
in the center of Operation Pumpkin!
October 7, 2016 – 5:00-9:00pm
October 8, 2016 – 12:00-4:00pm
Miami University Hamilton Downtown, 221 High St, Hamilton, Ohio
WHAT: Mad Anthony will run BookFest as part of Hamilton, Ohio’s Operation Pumpkin. Operation Pumpkin draws 30,000 visitors to historic downtown Hamilton, Ohio.
HOW MUCH: Authors are charged a non-refundable $5 (five dollars) table fee for one day, $10 for both days as Mad Anthony is a 501 (c)3 organization raising funds ($60,000 donated to date) for literacy programs.
WHO: All authors—especially those with ties to Hamilton, Ohio—are invited to sell and sign their books and apply for a spot in Author Talk.
E-book authors are encouraged to participate as a marketing strategy and to help the public better understand digital reading.
Authors of self-published and small press books that have not been previously vetted by Mad Anthony may be asked to submit books for Mad Anthony’s review before participation is considered.
Space is limited. Selection is final and based on the following:
- Order application is received
- The balance Mad Anthony wants to offer the public regarding genre, age of reader, interests, and reading format
- Past Mad Anthony Conference speakers and attendees
- Authors who can participate both Friday and Saturday during BookFest hours
- Since BookFest is held during Operation Pumpkin, a family activity, Mad Anthony reserves the right to discreetly display or prohibit from sale any material that may be offensive to the intended BookFest audience.
- Location Note: Miami University Hamilton-Downtown, 221 High Street, 45011 is located near the Alexander Hamilton Statue in the middle of the street. (Do not let your GPS take you to High Street in Seven Mile or to Miami Hamilton campus. See website for directions.) MUH Downtown is street level with a wall of windows making BookFest very easy for visitors to see and enter.
HOW IT WORKS
- Authors submit application by email by August 19, 2016. Preference given to applications with earliest dates. Authors will be notified by email if their books need to be reviewed
- Authors receive an e-mail of Acceptance, Waiting list, or Regret by September 2, 2016.
- Authors confirm their spot by mailing in fee to Mad Anthony BookFest 2016, P.O. Box 832, Hamilton, OH 45012 by September 9, 2016.
- Confirmed authors will receive information about times and procedures for book drop offs and table set up by September 25, 2016.
- Please help your fellow writers: If you are confirmed and then find that you cannot attend, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible so that the next author on the waiting list can be given the chance to participate.
- Authors will be assigned half of a six-foot table and one Table assignments are made at the discretion of Mad Anthony and should not be rearranged by authors.
- Each table will have a table tent with the author’s name. Authors may use a cloth or other decorations as long as they do not block the view of other authors and their books or pose a safety threat for visitors.
- Authors are solely responsible for selling their books. Each author should assure that he or she has enough money (dollars and coins). Mad Anthony will not be able to make change. Electrical outlets are available for use of portable credit card processors. Only the author’s books, or materials related to the book or author, may be sold.
- Authors are responsible for all their money, books, and belongings at all times. Miami University Hamilton-Downtown will be locked overnight so authors have the option of leaving their books in the building Friday night.
- Authors are asked to clean up their table after the festival. Mad Anthony BookFest cannot guarantee the return of lost or left-behind items.
Mad Anthony Writers Conference/BookFest website: http://www.writelikemad.com
Read more about Operation Pumpkin http://www.operation-pumpkin.org
AUTHOR APPLICATION FORM
E-mail to madanthony@WriteLikeMad.com
Name preferred on table tent:
Email address (preferred; provide phone number if no email address)
Author’s City and Zip Code (for office purposes only):
I will participate Friday _____ Saturday ____ both days _____
Books you will be selling:
Publisher: Is this self-published? YES NO
Publisher: Is this self-published? YES NO
LIST ALL additional titles you will sell here:
Materials you will be selling:
If possible, please seat me close to (name other author):
I have read and agree to the conditions as stated on this form. YES Date submitted:
Signature (return by email implies your signature)
Author Talk: Yes, please consider me for a for 25 min. chat with the public. Or, No thanks.
I can speak about the following topics related to my books:
I can speak about the following topics related to art of writing:
<End of Application>