- You must be registered for the conference to book an appointment
- The number of appointment spots are limited; register early
- Your critique material is never read by or shared with Mad Anthony personnel; it is simply sent to Mad Anthony for bookkeeping purposes and transferred on to Hallie
- Critique: Maximum twelve (12) pages for Critique: double space, 12 pt. font, one-inch margins, page numbers, one-side only. E-mail to email@example.com Hallie will read these before the conference, write comments, and talk with you one-on-one on Friday afternoon at your assigned time
- On-the-Spot: Maximum five (5) pages for On-the-Spot, one-on-one appointment with Hallie. Hallie will read the pages during your appointment, counsel you, and answer your questions.
- Pitch: Victoria Skurnick will take Pitch appointments on Friday afternoon. We understand that you would prefer them after Victoria’s presentation on Friday evening and Victoria understands this as well.
- Not Pitch Ready: Victoria will also take appointments for those who don’t feel ready to Pitch a particular manuscript. If you have questions specific to you and your manuscripts, this is the time to do it. Please do not ask for specific, personal advice during Victoria’s Q&A on Friday evening.
Costs of Appointments (see Registration sheet)
- Ryan’s Tavern (Irish Pub) which adjoins Miami-Downtown. We will be inside waiting to take you to the appointment rooms.
What to do after your appointment and before the conference begins at 7 pm?
- If you have an appointment, you will have time on your hands before the conference begins at 7 pm–a great opportunity to read, write, or network! You are welcome to stay at Ryan’s Tavern on the second floor to do so. You can’t, however, bring food to consume at Ryan’s Tavern (Ohio state law).
- If you would like to eat dinner at Ryan’s, please go downstairs and you will be seated as any guest who comes to dine. There are also other restaurants in town open for dinner including the Courtyard by Marriott (walking distance; a block and a half) and Riverbank Cafe (could be walking distance; a few blocks and over the bridge). A rib place on the corner of Third and Dayton Streets is two blocks away, and also easy to walk. We can help you with directions.
- NOTE: Mad Anthony is NOT providing dinner Friday evening. We WILL provide lunch on Saturday.